Tuesday 23 February 2010

Juno Introduction

Although Juno isn't part of the gangster movie genre, it does involve teenagers and has a very interesting introduction. To help us get a feel for filming and develop our own ideas we decided to remake this short sequence, paying close attention to camera, editing, mise en scene and sound.

 This is our version of the introduction for the movie 'Juno'. We all took turns in filming different parts and also took on different roles for other aspects of filming. Our friend, Grace Brown, played to role of Juno. Jack Hyatt provided the props and me and Aaron Leverton picked out the costume together. I think some of the scenes in this are a little bit shaky and make it look less professional, especially in the parts that were hand-held. If I re-filmed it I would focus on keeping a steady hand. I was particularly happy with the last shot, of Grace walking towards me as I panned up. I achieved this by rolling backwards, while crouching on a pair of rollerblades. I did this to make it appear as if I was on tracks. I tried using rollerblades to film other sections of the film but found it difficult because of bad weather. How the weather is going to effect our final piece is something we will have to consider so we can achieve the best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers