Friday 7 May 2010

Question 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Other then camera and editing techniques, I think the biggest thing I have learnt is the importance of roles among the group. Certain aspects can be (and sometimes need to be) shared. For example filming the introduction needed to be a group effort, we were all in scenes at one point so we all needed to lend a hand filming at some point. I think another area team work is vital was the development of our final piece, after we filmed our preliminary. If one person had decided everything, people might not like it or agree and so feel less enthusiastic to work. On the other hand, I found editing it at the end on my own the best way to deal with it. I think if we had more then one person doing it, it would be crowded and maybe full of too many ideas.
   Another important thing I have learnt is to remember the film and story line in its entirety, like an artist who would step back every now and then too look at the whole picture. I think to make a good introduction you need to remember it is part of an entire film, even if the rest of it will never be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers